Whenever we had made a visit to Ice cream parlours, my boys had always preferred strawberry flavour the most. It is me who encourages them to try out other flavours also. Today i am in a mood to bring a smile on their faces by making Strawberry Panna Cotta, which is an Italian dessert made by blending thick cream and strawberry crush. It not only tastes divine but is a treat for your eyes too.Then i decided to follow Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s recipe with a little twist here and there to add my own preferences. Panna Cotta should be considered one of the best party dishes for many reasons. The gelatine gives it a smooth mouth feel and a melt in the mouth texture. It is quick and easy to make and brings lots of compliments on your way.
Strawberry crush _ 1/2 cup
Fresh strawberries (chopped) _ 4 (Optional)
Fresh cream _ 2 cups
Milk _ I cup
Gelatine ( unflavoured _ 1 Tbsp
Sugar _ 1/4 cup
Method ( Step by step)
1. Mix cream and milk and sugar in a pan and bring it to a boil.
2. Dissolve gelatine in a small cup of water and keep aside.
3.Transfer the boiled mixture to a bowl.
4. Add strawberry crush to the bowl and mix gently for a minute.
5.Add gelatine which is already soaked in water for few minutes by now to the mixture in the bowl. Mix it thoroughly with the mixture using a spoon or a beater.
6.Add the chopped strawberries to the mixture and mix it again.
7.Pour the mixture gently into small silicon moulds ( or simple glass bowls ) and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
8. Once the panna cotta is set, you can place a plate on top of the moulds and turn upside down to take it out.
9. Leave the mould in boiling water for 4 to 5 seconds so that the desert comes out easily from the mould.
10. Garnish with whole or chopped strawberries and fresh cream. ENJOYYY!!!!