It is a very simple dish which is originally from china but made suitable for Indian palettes with the usage of ginger garlic paste and red chillies. It is totally yummy and awesomely simple to cook.The vibrant red colour brings the dish this unique name.It is a personal hit at my kitchen too. Specially when you have a Yo-Yo type teenage boy at home, I suggest this dish for you as he is gonna give that rare compliment you are badly craving for; ” Cool mom” 😉
Preparation time 30 minutes
Chicken – 500 gm (preferably boneless breast)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Egg white – of 1 egg
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 3 to 4 tbsp
Ingredients While cooking
Finely chopped ginger – 1/2 tbsp
finely chopped garlic – 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
Spring onions – 1 stalk
oil – For deep frying
Tomato sauce – 3 tbsp
1. Marinate the chicken pieces in the ingradients mentioned above for 30 minutes.
2.Deep fry the marinated chicken to golden brown. Do not over fry as chicken piece may turn hard.Drain the fried pieces on a tissue.
3. Heat a pan on flame and add 2 tbsp of your preferred oil. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic pieces to it and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add red chilli flakes ( you can even use red chilli powder) and mix well on low flame for few seconds.
5.Add soya sauce and tomato sauce to the pan.
Now it’s the time to add the fried chicken pieces to the pan.
6. Mix well and saute for 3 minutes on high flame. You can add spring onions to it now.Spring onions need not be cooked too much as it may lose the colour and flavour.
7. Your dragon chicken is ready. Transfer it to a serving dish and garnish with green onions .
8. Now it’s the time for the most important ingredient of the dish. And it’s the beautiful smile you already have on your lips. 🙂