” Mattar ki phali mein chaar the daane
Ek tha natkhat teen syane
Natkhat phali se nikalkar bhaaga
Chidiya ne choch maari tab woh jaga”
So this poem talks about the four peas in the pod. I like the naughty one which was running away from the pod to explore the world. But what to do? If i ilke it, i need to boil and cook it. Sorry dear, Somewhere you have to pay the fees for being so naughty!
Here’s the recipe of “peas pulao ” which i cooked using one cup of extremely naughty peas.Try out and enjoy. It’s a healthy lunch box item for your naughty sweethearts who goes to school.
prep time – 15 minutes
Fresh green peas – 1 cup
Basmati rice – 1/2 cup
ghee/oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
garlic crushed – 1 tbsp
green chillies – 1 slit
curd- 1/2 cup
red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
garam masala/Pulao masala – 1 tspn
salt- to taste
onion- 1 small finely chopped
1. Boil green peas in 1/2 cup water and salt to taste in a paste on slow flame.
2. In half a cup of curd, mix red chill pdr and garam masala. keep aside.Cook 1/2 cup basmati rice in 1 cup water and keep aside.
3. Heat ghee/oil in a wok/kadai. Add star anise and green cardamom to the heated ghee. Add chopped onions and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add crushed garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add green chillies now and mix well
5. Now add the curd mixed with masala which is already kept aside into the wok. Mix well. Now add the cooked peas and saute for a minute.
6.Now goes in the cooked basmati rice.Mix gently. Check the salt. Cover and cook on slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes
7. Enjoy your peas pulao hot with cool raita.